Each year, up to two teams from nonprofit organizations will be awarded complementary teams. The decision on the recipients will be made by the Dragon Boat Festival Committee.
These teams are made available by the donation of teams by sponsor companies who do not utilize all of their potential teams.
Any nonprofits who have not previously entered a team in the Dragon Boat Festival are eligible to apply for a complimentary team.
Nonprofits Receiving a Donated Team Must:
- Publicize their involvement with the Festival through their social media channels, newsletters and other information media.
- Agree to take photo the day of the Festival with any company who donated a team and desires a photo with the organization receiving the donated team.
- Fulfill all requirements for team participation (attendance at practice, completion of waivers, etc.)
Logistics for Donated Teams:
- Teams will have a designated space with other individual teams. The team will need to bring and erect their own tent the morning of the Festival or rent from the Foundation.
- Donated team tent locations will be near other individually registered teams.
- Donated teams must book their practice for a 3:00pm. or 4:00pm. time slot.
All Applications Must Be Submitted by April 1st, 2020.