This program is designed to develop leaders who can effect change in the health care system through an
understanding of physician perspectives. Interns benefit by gaining an understanding of the unique management challenges posed in private physician practices as well as gaining an appreciation for the need to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of health care delivery. Signature Health Care Foundation partners with institutions of higher learning, which offer MBA, MHA programs, or other graduate degrees determined by the Foundation to be appropriate for the internship placement. Interns are provided the opportunity to experience unique management challenges and issues through guided internships at a physician practice.
The goals of this program are to:
- Increase participant’s knowledge of medical issues, particularly those related to physician practices and efficiency in medical care delivery.
- Increase participant’s ability to discuss and develop viable solutions to current and future medical management problems.
- Encourage individuals with management potential to consider a physician-centered medical management career.
The medical scholars program is being designed to develop leaders who can effect change in the health care system through their understanding of physician perspectives & the unique management challenges posed in private physician practices, as well as understanding the need to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of health care delivery. The program will be open to students studying to be physicians or nurses in Missouri or Illinois. A key program component will be the provision of scholarships, which assist the student to complete their education.
The immediate goals of this program are to:
- To increase participants knowledge of medical issues and trends, particularly those related to efficiency in medical care delivery.
- To increase participants ability to discuss and develop possible solutions to current and future medical management problems.
- To stimulate new and creative thinking about health care delivery and management.
- To provide financial support to individuals who can play a leadership role in future health care delivery.