Medicaid is a government assistance program that provides health insurance to low-income individuals, pregnant women, and individuals with disabilities. It is both a federal and a state program, so how to qualify varies from state to state. To check your eligibility, go to Get 2023 health coverage. Health Insurance Marketplace® | HealthCare.gov .
For resources on Medicaid Renewal, see below:
- Medicaid Renewal
- Update your address and contact information.
- Check your mail for the renewal form.
- Fill out your renewal form. Follow the instructions on how to mail it back.
- Medicaid Annual Renewals | mydss.mo.gov
- Renew Your Medicaid or CHIP Coverage | Medicaid
If you wish to sign up for Medicaid, please see the resources below:
How to sign up for Medicaid:
- Check your eligibility. To do so, go to Medicaid Eligibility | Medicaid and read the information provided.
- If you meet the requirements, go to Beneficiary Resources | Medicaid and find the state you currently live in and are applying for Medicaid in.
- If you already have an account with your states Medicaid Marketplace Agency, log in. If you do not, create an account.
- Once you have created an account, start the application process. There are multiple ways to apply. You may either apply online, over the phone, or by a printed application.
- There are many documents you may need for the application. These are:
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Proof of Income.
- Proof of a current and valid U.S. address.
- Driver’s license, current and valid ID, or passport.
- Bank records for the past five years.
- Records of any property owned in the last five years.
- Statements of any retirement accounts the applicant may have.
- Copy of any insurance policies the applicant may have.
- Records of any vehicles owned by the applicant.
- If you are applying to Medicaid based on disability, medical records of the disability will need to be provided.
- There may be more than one submission form depending on how you qualify. There is a supplemental form for those who:
- Are 65+ years old.
- Are blind or disabled.
- Currently are receiving social security benefits.
- Live in a medical facility.
- Receive healthcare or insurance from the VA or Medicare.
- Complete all forms that are a part of the application.
- Complete the supplemental forms if any of them apply to you.
- Submit your application.
- It may take up to a month and a half for the application to process. If you are approved, you will receive a letter in the mail containing an ID card and information about your coverage.
- Follow any instructions listed in the letter to make sure you receive your coverage.
If you do not receive anything or believe you have been denied coverage incorrectly, contact your states agency.